Table of Content
- Diversity Policy
- Editorial standards and ethics
- Hate speech and bullying
- Safety and inappropriate content
- Verification / Fact Checking Policy
- Unnamed Sources Policy
- Corrections policy
- Actionable Feedback Policy
NUJ Nigeria or NUJNGR is a newspaper dedicated to the objective coverage of Nigerian Politics and Current affairs. It delivers timely, well-written, original and unbiased content. Nuj Nigeria Newspaper Ltd(RC 1700994) is a registered Nigerian Company.
We are an independent news organization focused on serving the Nigerian audience and the world at large with verified news reports.
We strictly adhere to the principles of journalistic integrity.
News Editorial standards and ethics
- Truth and Accuracy
Our reporters are expected to be as accurate as possible. Getting facts from verifiable sources is the cardinal principle of journalism. Nuj Nigeria always strives for accuracy, provides all the relevant facts available, and ensures that they have been verified.
Our reporters must be independent voices; NUJ Nigeria does not act, formally or informally, on behalf of special interests, whether political, corporate, or cultural. Independent fact-checking by other employees or actors is always involved in the publication process.
- Fairness and Impartiality
Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every piece, stories are balanced and add context. Impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.
Our reporters do not harm. What NUJ Nigeria publishes or broadcasts may be offensive to some, but it is aware of the impact of its words and images on the lives of others. Private persons have privacy rights that must be balanced against the public interest in reporting information about them.
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold oneself accountable. Corrections are published when errors are discovered.
Hate speech and bullying
- NUJ.com.ng News content must not incite hatred and/or discriminate against people on the basis of their race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc.
- Our content must not harass, intimidate or bully a person.
Safety and inappropriate content
- NUJ.com.ng news will not post articles that threaten or advocate for harm to oneself or others.
- NUJ.com.ng news will not post content that contains graphic sexual text, image, audio, videos, or games.
- We will not publish articles that contain non-consensual sexual themes or promote a sexual act in exchange for compensation.
- We will not publish any content containing child sexual abuse.
- NUJ.com.ng news commits to not posting any adult themes within family content.
- We will not post any articles containing malicious or unwanted software.
- NUJ.com.ng news will not post any content that promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
Verification / Fact Checking Policy
Under NUJ Nigeria’s policies and guidelines, material from anonymous sources may be used only if:
- The material is information, and not opinion or speculation, and is vital to the news report.
- The information is not available except under the conditions of anonymity imposed by the source.
- The source is reliable, and in a position to have accurate information.
NUJ Nigeria strictly follows two statements contained in The SPJ Code of Ethics on anonymous sources:
- Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources’ reliability.
- Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
Reporters can not take information from anonymous sources without the approval of from NUJ Nigeria news editorial team. We use information from anonymous sources to tell important stories that would otherwise go unreported.
Unnamed Sources Policy
- Where possible, NUJ.com.ng News will always include the name of sources for the information we publish.
- NUJ.com.ng News will provide attribution through names, links, and other means to inform the reader about the source of information used in an article.
- While NUJ.com.ng News prefers not to use confidential sources, we may still use them where the information is deemed credible, important to the readers and where it may negatively impact the livelihood of the source.
- Editors will protect the identity of confidential sources.
- Editors will also adhere to the law related to the legal rights of the editor (reporter) and the confidential source.
- Where exclusive news has been aggregated, a link to the primary source of information will be placed in the article.
NUJ Nigeria believes in transparency and honesty. Therefore, NUJ.com.ng will correct mistakes promptly. Fullness and freshness of information represent two inescapable values in the online journalism world, and NUJ Nigeria believes that accuracy is equally essential; we ensure expediency in making corrections when needed.
NUJ Nigeria is dedicated to informing its readers when it has made a mistake (however big or small), conveying the error’s severity, and providing the correct information as soon as the mistake is brought to attention.
When an error is detected within an article, NUJ Nigeria immediately works to find the correct information and clearly display the corrections wherever possible within the article. The corrections will include:
- The correct information.
- What was originally published that was incorrect.
- The date (and time, if available) when the change took place.
- The process to report errors from within articles is made easy to understand, by providing an email address and form to contact us at the beginning of each article.
Actionable Feedback Policy
NUJ Nigeria is committed to engaging with our readers and taking action based on their suggestions, complaints, and other feedback.
If you have a suggestion, criticism, complaint or compliment, you can contact NUJ.com.ng News at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For publication of Press releases, Statements, Advert Inquiries, send an email to [email protected]